1) According to the locking method: There are four comm […]
1) According to the locking method:
There are four common types: inner lock, outer lock, inner cable connection locking method of Z rod and M rod, inner cable connection locking + outer lock.
Internal lock: light weight, slightly poor locking force, locked by expansion bolts, slightly less reliable.
Outer Lock: The heaviest but strongest. Locking force is good, similar to camera tripod-style locking. It can also be easily locked and unlocked when wearing thick gloves.
Z rod inner cable locking: It should be the lightest weight, even lighter than the inner locking rod, but the disadvantage is that the length cannot be adjusted. When purchasing, you should choose the right one considering your own height. The M rod is the same, just one more section.
Inner cable connection lock + outer lock adjustment lock: On the basis of inner cable lock, an outer lock is added to adjust the length.
2) According to the material classification, trekking poles can be roughly divided into four categories: carbon fiber trekking sticks (light), titanium alloy trekking sticks (expensive), aluminum alloy trekking sticks (cheap), and wooden trekking sticks (not easy to carry).
3) According to the number of sections, there are roughly three trekking poles (standard), four trekking poles (ultra-short), two trekking poles (longer), and one trekking pole (not easy to carry). The common ones are: Three or four sections of trekking poles are recommended for everyone, because they are very convenient to carry.
4) According to the classification of handles, there are three types of trekking poles with straight handle (professional outdoor sports), T-handle trekking poles (leisure sports and daily life), and inclined trekking poles (special for field hiking).
Straight handle canes: suitable for mountaineering. Most common cane shape, light weight. When in use, the cane and the elbow joint are at 90°, and the wrist joint is parallel to the ground.
T-handle canes: suitable for walking on flat ground. Because of the design of the T-handle, the weight is heavier than the straight handle and diagonal handle.
Oblique handle cane: suitable for fast walking on flat ground. Hold it at 45° with the elbow joint, with the rod behind you. This kind of cane is rare in China. It is a relatively professional cane, and its scope of application is relatively narrow. It is not recommended to buy it as an entry-level cane.
4) If classified by length, there are generally three different lengths: 135cm (standard rod), 125cm (lady's rod), and 115cm (children's rod/senior rod). The length of multi-section trekking rods can be adjusted, and the height is more than 1.7 meters. The ALICE suggested to choose 135CM trekking poles to deal with complex road conditions such as steep slopes. Travelers who are under 1.7 meters in height can choose 125CM trekking poles. It depends on your actual situation, and the right one is the last word.